Monday, November 5, 2012

Review: Clinique High Impact Extreme Volume Mascara

After hearing many mixed reviews about Clinique's newest mascara, I decided to give it a try for myself. After a few weeks of use: I am not very impressed.

The packaging is very attractive, silver and a much thicker tube than any other mascara by Clinique.


It's only available in two colours, 01 Extreme Black and 02 Black.


I found the consistency to be too chunky, the wand doesn't get squeegee'd off well enough, leaving clumps of mascara on the brush, which translates to clumps on the lashes.


As you can see on the brush, the mascara has smaller fibers that stick to the plastic bristles.

Bare lashes

 Curled lashes

A coat of High Impact. 

It doesn't look too bad and I find it added more length than volume. But it's not a mascara for someone who doesn't want to take time to make their lashes look good. I find when using it I have to take my time to separate the clumps it puts on my lashes.

This mascara comes off very easily with water, and doesn't chip off during the day.

I don't find this mascara to be any more effective than a drugstore mascara and at $23.50 CAD, not worth it! 

Thanks for reading! 

-ellewar



No comments:

Post a Comment